July 14, 2013
Press / Business Contact:
DescriptionWe at Upopa Games seek to bring a new attitude to the industry driven by our passion to make outstanding games.
HistoryHopeless: The Dark Cave
Released on December 2013, Hopeless: The Dark Cave is a cute and lovable horror game, with funny graphics and an unsettling atmosphere. The mechanics are very simple and easy to learn... but don't fool yourself, as the name implies, the game isn't easy! Since it's release, Hopeless has received great critical acclaim, and was downloaded by more than 500,000 players.Hopeless: Space Shooting
Our next installment in the series, Hopeless: Space shooting is an intense action game with a funky retro feel. The game offers two full game modes, both available right from the start, as well as unlockable items and upgrades. Hopeless: Space Shooting will be released in April 2014 for both iOS and Android.Before Upopa
Before founding Upopa in 2013, Niv Touboul co-founded Moon Active and created (with Moon Active) "Bitter Sam". Bitter Sam ranked in the top 23th overall apps in the US in October 2013. Or Avrahamy worked as a software engineer at Google's Visualization team. Gideon Rimmer created and released an art game inspired by the novel "1984". The game was featured on Newgrounds.com and was played by more than 46,000 individual players.Upopa Games
In 2013, Niv, Or, and Gideon graduated from Bezalel Acaemy of Arts and Design, and founded Upopa Games with the aim of creating fun and engaging mobile games, with unique graphics and gameplay.
There are far more images available for Upopa Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Awards & Recognition
- "Finalist in the GameIS "Game of the Year" contest" - Tel Aviv, 18 December, 2013
- "Chosen by The Guardian as one of the 20 best apps of the week"
- Stuart Dredge, GameIS "Game of the Year" Contest, 2013
- "Violence Against Rampaging Monsters Has Never Been So Adorable"
- Cody Toombs, Android Police
- "Hopeless: The Dark Cave is a finalist in the GameIS "Game of the Year" contest, 2013, in the "Mobile Games: Indie Developer" categorey."
- GameIS, GameIS "Game of the Year" Contest, 2013
Team & Repeating
CEO, Art Director
Research and Development Manager, Lead Programmer
Game Designer, Artist